From September 2013 each school will receive extra funding through Sports Pupil Premium. The government is allocating funding directly to primary schools to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision.
We plan to use the money to:
- Employ Specialist PE coaches to work alongside teachers in PE lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in PE
- To provide after school clubs free of charge
- To buy sports kits for children to wear, when representing the school
- To provide swimming lesson, pool hire and transport for those unable to swim by end of year 6
Sports Premium Grant
At Cherry Lane Primary School we believe PE & Sport play an important role for each and every pupil, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better. We have welcomed the Government’s announcement in June 2013 to provide additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
We are committed to using this resource in developing high quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all our young people.
Department for Education Vision for the Primary School PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation on physical activity and sport.
The Sports Premium expects to see an impact in these 5 areas:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport