The Pupil Premium funding has been used to narrow and close the gaps between the achievement of eligible pupils and their peers. The funding was used to provide additional educational support to improve the progress and raise the achievement for these pupils.
In reviewing the September 2018 to September 2019 action plan, senior leaders have noted the following impact-
An improvement in learning in the curriculum. Forest School has developed the engagement and attention of all and most significantly the boys. Introducing it into year 2 has been effective.
Valuable support for pupils’ social and emotional state. A highly effective Pastoral support team, recognised by parents as helping to break down barriers to learning. Their records show some improvement in persistent absence and has also reduced some pupils’ late attendance.
Extra-curricular enrichment. School has provided opportunities for pupils to have new experiences to maximise their potential academically and in developing their independence for the wider world. Such as ‘more able’ workshops (with Colham Monor Primary and Brunel University), experience days at events (such as open air museums) and residential trips.
We have a strong and supportive ethos that drives achievement and celebrates success.
- Staff and children present and optimise positive messages that have high expectations for all, especially the disadvantaged.
- We do not stereotype and believe that every child can overcome the barriers to achieve successful learning.
- We have an definite commitment to high quality teaching and learning to meet the needs of our pupils.
- Where barriers are identified we look to provide a personalised programme to optimise achievement.
- Evidence from the research of the Education Endowment Foundation is used to identify best practise.
- We deploy staff effectively to support those children who are struggling to overcome barriers.
- We have systems in place to monitor attendance, reward achievement and encourage good behaviour.
- Progress is routinely monitored and any gaps are narrowed by the rapid use of interventions.
- Children and parents are aware of their targets by means of Assertive Mentoring and we are fully empowered to address any learning obstacles.
- Opportunities for extra curricular enrichment activities are promoted and offered to children eligible for Pupil Premium, to enhance their learning experiences.